Friday, November 12, 2010

October










































































































October has come and gone...so has much of this year! We rang in the New Year with our beautiful baby boy and I can't believe he's 10 months and walking. Time flies! This past month we started out with Dinner at the William's. They are a young family in our ward who have been so friendly since we moved in. They made us a delicious Japanese meal which we have since learned how to make, it's easy and delicious, and looks amazing! We made it ourselves for Tristan's b-day dinner. Oh, and the night before Tristan's b-day his Dad kindly let us have our SECOND date night since Clark was born. We went to Steamer's in downtown Los Gatos, walked around, bought a wall hanging for Clark's room, got frozen yogurt, played a racecar arcade game and went to see a movie(Inception). I didn't last through the movie, so we ditched out early.
On Tristan's b-day we invited family over for cake and ice cream. I made, with the help of Grandpa John, a triple layer brownie cake.
I'm still learning how to juggle everything with a child. Took him with me to get my moles removed and a breast ultrasound and my Dentist appt. this month. He did okay, I held him while my moles were removed. He sat quietly in the stroller as I got my breast US. The dentist with the noises didn't go so well. But I found out it wasn't just the noises at the dentist that upset him. He was sick, I found out that weekend he got Roseola.
Clark had a great time with his Grandpa John visiting. Grandpa could make Clark giggle wildly. He took him on lots of walks and rocked him to sleep for his naps and at night time. He also helped out with our house a ton when he was here. He said he was happy to do it.
Tristan finished the bathroom in time for the house to be re-financed. That was a big stressor. We are happy with how it turned out. He had been working on it every night when he got home and on the weekends when I wasn't working.
I chopped my hair to my shoulders for the first time as well. It feels light and now Clark pulls on it less. Sara and I traded off babysitting so that we could have time to get it cut.
I also was able to get up early one Saturday and clean the freeway exits with some of our neighbors. Look forward to doing it again in the future. Makes a big difference!
Tristan and I also gave talks at church together. We both spoke on the Word of Wisdom. We both expressed how relieved we were when it was over! We just recently got called to be activity chair couple. So, we're gonna be busy with the upcoming Ward Christmas Party.
Speaking of parties, we went to the neighborhood Halloween party after church. It was great to see so many neighbors out and people having a good time together. We had many trick or treaters at our house. It was fun to have our first Halloween at our house and Cabo and Tess visited too!

No comments:

Post a Comment